The School of Economic Information and Engineering at Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) invites applications for tenure-track positions in Information Systems at Assistant professor level or above.
The applicant must have or be close to completing a Ph.D. in Information Systems or related area upon starting date, have excellent research skills and demonstrate the ability to conduct high-quality research and publish in top-tier academic journals, and have strong capability to teach IS (including Electronic Commerce) courses in English. Applicants for senior appointment should have extensive publications in top-tier academic journals and a demonstrated record of teaching excellence. The appointments will carry globally competitive total salary packages, including starting research funds and housing allowances. Annual salary and the level of appointment will be commensurate with teaching and research experience.
SWUFE is a national key university under the direct administration of the Ministry of Education and is listed in “Project 211”. SWUFE is located in Chengdu, which is known as the "Country of Heaven" or the "Land of Abundance". Recent years, SWUFE has a bold & resolute strategy on bringing in overseas talents, now has gained more than 200 talents from world top universities. Chengdu is now one of the most important economic, financial, commercial, cultural, transportation, and communication centers in Western China. More than 260 Fortune 500 companies have established branches in Chengdu. Due to its favorable natural environment, weather, cuisine, relaxed lifestyle, and affordable living cost, Chengdu has been named as the most livable city for many times.
The School of Economic Information and Engineering was established in 1985, which has a combination of advantages from a variety of disciplines within our university, such as economics, management, engineering and so on. With more than 60 teaching faculty members, our school has outstanding research teams in different research areas such as business intelligence and data analytics, financial technology, security and privacy, E-commerce and other behavior, economics and design science research areas.
We sincerely invite excellent scholars to join us and build an outstanding research institution together. Recently, we have hosted the 18th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS) and other important conferences.
Salary, Rank, and Tenure:
• Salary is commensurate with professional experience and preparation;
• This is a tenure-track, nine-month position with a possibility of summer employment, including mid-term assessment (3 years) and final assessment (6 years).
· To assure full consideration, please send your application with a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, including your research interests, significant full research papers, teaching experience, teaching abilities (including IS and E-commerce courses) and a research statement to our HR coordinator, Janet Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· A following interview will be conducted after consideration of your application (can be skype interview).
· Review of application will begin immediately and continue until all positions are filled.